Saturday, December 18, 2010

Light Scribble

Light Scribble is where you zoom in all the way as much as you can go without doing a digital zoom and then you turn the flash off. It has to be dark. Very dark. Then you aim the camera at a light, shake the camera and click the shutter while you're shaking.

I got this idea quite on accident. I was in a taxi cab with my friend, Joshua and we were taking close up pictures of our eyes. It was bumpy in the cab and I decided to take a picture out the front of the dashboard. Instead I got a picture of the meter. Since it was so bumpy, it shook the camera and created a really cool photo.

I'm going to post some of the other ones I have done. Enjoy.

Trevor

"Hooks"
This one happened when I was trying to do a Light Scribble with some lights on the ground. It was one of those cords with lights inside it. So the lights were in a really straight line. 

"Frozen Fire"
I took this one by having some white lights in front and some red lights in back.
I shook the camera and they mixed together. I like this one 'cause it looks like rain.

"Number Storm"
This is one of the first pictures I took in that taxi I was telling you about.
It's the picture of the taxi meter (we were at 40.000 vnd at that point!).

"Neon Wheels"
We were buying a bahn mi sandwich last night and this is a picture of their store sign.
I shook it up, clicked the shutter and you know the rest.

 "Electric Hair"
I call this one Electric Hair because it looks like, well, electric hair. I forgot where I took this one.

"Raining Ice"
I took this picture when we were just coming into a little carnival. It was at night of course and there was this huge styrofoam Santa thing that looked like a house that you had to go under to get to the carnival. There were blue lights covering it. There wasn't a single place there wasn't a blue light. It hurt my eyes so I decided to look at it through the camera lens. It still hurts your eyes a bit, but it's better.

I was quite restrained by showing you just these pictures. Next blog post I'll try to show more. Thank you for looking. 

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jackson said...

Trevor, this is so exciting! wow! These should be framed and sold somewhere. I LOVE THEM! And I love YOU. Gma Mingy

6:00 AM, December 19, 2010  
Blogger Team Jackson said...

wow, trevor! ARTISTIC GENIUS!

would you allow me to use some of these images to make notecards?

i'm so proud to be your aunt molly.

will says, "i love you, and call trevor."

isaac says, "goo. waaaah. poooop. burp. cooooo."

7:56 AM, December 19, 2010  
Anonymous Carherine said...

Trevor, these pictures are awesome!! I am so glad you are doing your blog again.

Catherine

2:30 PM, December 19, 2010  
Blogger Anne H. said...

I like your creative photos, the names you've given them AND the explanation of where and how they were done. A suggestion: before you make your blur shot focus on the lights as if you were taking a regular photo. Then do your shaking and blurring. The lights will be in focus, like the hair shot, and look much sharper. I can't wait to try this in Saigon myself. Just a few days!

5:44 PM, December 19, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful colors, Trevor! I'm glad I found your blog. I'll look for more photos and stories soon!

Stephanie

12:20 PM, January 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home